The Incredibly Talented Mr. Morton (Part Two: Harlem Haberdashery)




The very night I found myself heading out for another showing of Anthony T. Morton's artwork.    This one was at a boutique in Harlem called Harlem Haberdashery (HH).  Opened for just a few years, Harlem Haberdashery is known for their custom apparel and celebrity clientele.

As I approached the store a gentleman opened the door and welcomed me in.  Right off the bat I was digging the spot.  It was well lit, the blue walls and the vintage looking gold frames really gave the place a comfortable warm feel.  The photos in the frames were wonderful.  They were full of legendary, black,  African-American heroes, artist and places such as,  the Apollo and the Cotton Club.   The was really beautiful. 

I congratulated Anthony, then made my way to my friends who were already there.  I wasted no time getting my camera out.  The paintings Anthony had on display were different than the ones he showed the previous night at M1-5 Lounge.  These paintings were of well known, popular black figures such as, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Lauren Hill, Biggie and Rihanna and more.   I've said it before and I will say it again, Anthony is extremely talented and blessed.  Check out some more of his work as well as, Harlem Haberdashery and their merchandise.  Enjoy!!!

The many works of Anthony

Simply amazing 

A whole lot of smiles.  Anthony with his family
Caught in the crowd
Anthony and his Nelson Mandela piece

Anthony with fans
The salute
Lindell and Anthony having a moment after a lovely speech
I love the decor

Clothing for everyone

Urban wear

Mix and Mingle




Anthony T. Morton 
Twitter: @thenjartist


Instagram username: ArtworkByAnthony


Harlem Haberdashery
245 Lenox Avenue, New York, NY 10027
Phone: 646-707-0700
Fax: 646-707-0002
Twitter: @HaberdasheryNYC

Comments

  1. Very cool article, keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot. I appreciate you reading it.

    ATWG31

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts