The Incredibly Talented Mr. Morton (Part One: M1-5 Lounge)


A few nights ago I accompanied my best friend Veronica Vain of Weighting In Vain to the M1-5 lounge in New York's Chinatown district for The Dollhouse Urban Burlesque pre-show and Anthony T. Morton art sale.

The lounge was a lovely spot.  It was large, but not massive, dimly lit with a sultry, mature vibe.  There was a pool table and lounge section to the front right hand side, a stage and open seating to the left, a bar in the middle, and a photo booth and booth seating towards the left.  I was fascinated by the ceiling piece that was hanging near the entrance.  It was made up of a variety of glass liquor bottles dangling from strings at different heights.  It added a unique touch.

Ceiling piece
I put my bags down and immediately began walking around checking out the art.  The first painting that caught my eye was a painting titled Acid Party.  It was a fun piece, loaded with bright colors and randomness.  It seemed to be a crowd favorite.  It definitely was my favorite.  All of his paintings had a fluidity to them.  I really liked the embedded images in a few of his paintings such as in, Acid Party and his Jay-Z painting.

I had no clue who's work I was admiring until I asked around and was finally introduced to Anthony by his publicist Lindell Palmer.  My first impression of him was that he was a cutie pie.  He walked up with a big, bright smile and tons of confidence and charm.  We hit it off right away.  I expressed to him how much I liked what I saw and asked him a few questions.  He revealed that he's been into art since the age of 3.  His first piece was a rose inspired by a Bob Ross episode he saw.  If you know anything about art you know that Bob Ross was the man back in the day.
His mother framed the rose and eventually began teaching him how to do graffiti.

Anthony earned his Bachelors degree in fine arts and painting from Pratt Institute. The inspiration for his work stems from women, music, his family and everyday life. Take a look at his creations.

Left: Acid Party painting
Right: My best friend Berry, Anthony T. Morton and myself

Left: Karma
Right: Gold/Silver

Abstracts

Abstracts 

Myself and Lindell Palmer of LMP Consulting/  Motives cosmetics 


Anthony T. Morton 

Twitter: thenjartist


Instagram username: ArtworkByAnthony


M1-5 Lounge 
52 Walker Street, New York, N.Y. 
Phone: 212-965-1701





Comments

  1. I really liked the abstract art work; I would buy and put some of those pieces in my house. How much do some of these pieces go for, When will the next show be? Thanks for the intro to Anthony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Yes his abstracts are great. Well, I seen prices ranging from $300 to $1,000. I'll reach out to him to find out when and where his next show will be. Thank you for the support.

    ATWG31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again, Anthony requested that you email him regarding pricing. His email address is:
      anthonytmorton@gmail.com
      ATWG31

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts