Not Your Average Circus

Another invite, another night out.  My best friend Berry and I were invited by publicist/event planner Lindell Palmer of LMP Consulting to attend the Circesque urban burlesque show featuring dance troops the Dollhouse and the Ken Project at the Highland Ballroom.  I had never been to a burlesque show so I was really looking forward to it.  When I arrived at the venue there was nothing but stylish, hip, young, energetic individuals in the building.  I was checked in and made my way through the crowd to find my friend.

While the performers were getting ready backstage the DJ was warming up the crowd with some hot mixes. The playlist was crazy.  It brought back memories of when my girls and I used to hit up the club scene in our younger days.  He had everyone in the place grooving.  Every other song someone would get up from their seat and put on an impromptu dance performance.  It was hilarious.

The lights dropped and our attention immediately turned towards the screen where the ringleader of the show began to speak.  The next thing you know it was pandemonium. The first set of performers took the stage and pretty much set the tone for the rest of the show.  It was energetic, sexy, sultry, naughty, rough and jaw dropping.



I loved the entire show, but my favorite performance was the pole dancing routine performed by an extremely talented duo.  Dancing to Beyonce's Drunk In Love those two exuded sex.  All eyes were glued on them.










Check out The Dollhouse Urban Burlesque Entertainment and The Ken Project for yourselves.
http://thedollhousenyc.com

Follow them on Instagram:
@thedollhousenyc
@thekenproject

Follow them on Twitter: 
@thekenproject
@dollhouse_ube



Comments

  1. Great review! On behalf of my cast & fellow choreographers, we're glad you enjoyed the show! We all worked really hard on it.

    Please add me on Facebook : Trevis Jarmon Thompson (/trevisjt). I want to credit you for your picture of us (pole dancers).

    Hope to see you at the next!

    Xo

    TARZAN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again Tarzan thanks for checking out my review. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You will definitely see me at the next performance.

      All the best to you.

      ATWG31

      Delete
  2. Talk about sexy. Fantastic photos hon. Keep up the great work.

    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. It had me sweating. lol
      I am so glad you enjoyed the photos.

      Smooches!
      ATWG31

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts