Late Night Craving

Sitting at home on a Saturday night with a craving for sweetness. Not just your average snack from the corner store but, an actual dessert.  A piece of cake, pie, ice cream of a not so common flavor- just something different and delicious. The fingers did the walking and long behold a listing for the best desserts in New York magically appeared on About.com.

 The list consisted of all types of desserts from Chocolate pizza, Italian pastries to avocado ice cream and fondue. The selections were very enticing.   After reading the reviews of other dessert spots in the city a decision was made and off my guy and I went to Cafe' Lalo.

Tucked away on 83rd street between Amsterdam and Broadway, Cafe Lalo seemed to be the it spot for a late night sweet tooth fix. As we walked up the block from the train station we came across music echoing on the sidewalk, lights nicely decorated around two trees that framed the exterior of the restaurant and a bench situated on the curb for those waiting to be called is what we approached. Luckily it was just the two of us making it easier to get a table.

The first thing I noticed when I entered was the decor. It was bright, inviting, lively, filled with wall to wall paintings and a European essence. The second thing I noticed was the  delicious looking desserts. My eyes practically popped out of my head.

Cafe Lalo's dessert menu listed over one hundred cakes and pies, nine types of brownies, cookies, tarts, fondue, mousse, shakes, smoothies, Italian ice cream, biscotti, and a wide variety of traditional pastries and specialty dessert dishes. The exposed brick walls,  small tables and soft jazz music created a soothing atmosphere. The only worry you'll have while at Cafe' Lalo is which dessert to choose from.


Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!


Cafe Lalo

                                                       
Just a few of the selections



Chocolate Cream Pie



Raspberry Almond Cheese Cake



Take your pick


Cookies, danishes, crossaunts they have it all

Cakes, pies, brownies and eclairs.



Chocolate treats
Feel the ambiance



Life is beautiful - true statement 




Good late night hangout spot




Location:
201 W 83rd St  New York, NY 10024


Contact info:
Phone: (212) 496-6031


Fax: (212) 874-1578




Hours of Operations:
Monday-Thursday: 8am-2am

Friday: 8am-4am
Saturday: 9am-4am

Sunday: 9am-2am
Holidays until 4am


Website
 Cafe Lalo




Comments

  1. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy. I will definitely be going to Cafe Lalo' to try out a few of their treats. Thank you for this post. I had no idea this place was only blocks away from where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,

      You are very welcome. Glad you liked the post. I need to make a stop at Cafe Lalo real soon myself. It's been awhile and I am dying to try something new. When you go please write me back and let me know what you tried. Take care and stay sweet.

      ATWG

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts