Gallery Hopping NYC

What can I say? I love art.

After enjoying a few drinks at Clyde Frazier's Wine and Dine, my friend and I decided to see if any galleries were open being that it was Martin Luther King Jr. day.  Many of them were closed, but we did manage to find a few.

Richard Serra at the Gagosian gallery 
"7 plates, 6 Angles" (2013) - Weatherproof steel




"Intervals" (2013) - Weatherproof steel, 24 plates



I stumbled upon a Bansky street piece while heading to the next gallery
Nothing is off limits

I absolutely love this shot.  No filters, no adjustments.  One click through the gate and that's all it took.
Title: Crowd #5 (Washington Square West)
archival pigment print, 59.5 x 72 inches 
One of the docents seen me taking pictures outside the gate so I asked if I could get a private viewing.  What do you know, he opened the gate and let me check out the art.  It doesn't hurt to ask.
Title: Crowd #9 (Sunset Five) by Alex Prager
archival pigment print, 59.5 x 91.85 inches 

On display at the Lehmann Maupin gallery is Alex Prager's "Face In The Crowd" exhibit
Street art by Jordan Betten


My last stop was to the Taglialatella gallery where I admired some Bansky, Picasso, Mr. Brainwash, Russell Young, Swoon and Basquiat art.


Marilyn Crying; Jackie O; Jager and James Dean - Russell Young


Banksy; Mr. Brainwash and Andy Warhol 


Arman; Picasso and Swoon


Mr. Brainwash and Basquiat




Remember, let the world be your playground.  Explore the city and enjoy.

Gagosian Gallery
555 West 24th street
New York, N.Y. 10011
Email: www.gagosian.com

Tel: 212-741-1111
Hours: Tues - Sat 10am to 6pm


Lehmann Maupin
540 West 26th street
New York, N.Y. 10001
Email: www.lehmannmaupin.com

Tel: 212-255-2924
Hours: Tues - Sat 10am to 6pm


Taglialatella Gallery
231 10th Avenue
New York, N.Y. 10011
Email: www.taglialatellagalleries.com

Tel: 212-367-0881
Hours: Mon - Sat 10am to 6am








Comments

Popular Posts