A Gem in Harlem

I've walked passed Tonalli's on many occasions when going to visit my family, but never stopped in. From the outside looking in it looked like a quaint place frequented by a mixed bunch of people.

It wasn't until early December when I finally experienced Tonalli's for myself. It was all my best friend Mara's fault. We had just left church and were trying to find a close spot to eat. "Tonalli's" she said so we walked the 3 blocks to the restaurant.   I instantly took a liking to the place once I stepped in.  It had a real cool, relaxed feel to it. The walls were decorated with black & gold and blue & gold canvasses each with a different part of the world painted on it. It was a real nice touch.

Music was playing and the crowd consisted of soccer moms, laid back graduates, television personalities (two members from the Bravo tv show Chef Roble dine there), and small families enjoying a Sunday meal.
Tamara and I ordered the steak, home fries and eggs with a glass of mimosa. It was the perfect the meal for that chilly day.

Since that day I have dined at Tonalli's numerous times. Check out a few of their dishes below. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

The decor.



A few brunch options: Mimosas, steak eggs, homefries and toast and crab cakes benedict

Tornalli's scrumptious french toast with powdered sugar and berries

Fluffy scrambled eggs with spinach, shaved parmesan cheese, home fries and toast  

Bread with a delicious tomato butter

Star attraction: Tomato, avocado, onion and cilantro bruschetta
 
A few dinner options: Combination scallops & shrimps, braised lamb chops and cocktail on the side
A few appetizer selections: Artichoke and cheese croquettes, crab meat and avocado dumplings, and calamari fritti

Sangria

Tasty desserts: Tiramisu and Banana split.


UPDATE:
I recently went back to Tonalli's with my mother and tried two new dishes.
The delicious seared tilapia with a parsley roasted red pepper and onion salad and mashed potatoes. 
  





Homemade Gnocchi with crabmeat and shrimps.  This dish is superb.  The gnocchi melts in your mouth and the crabmeat and shrimp are extremely fresh.


Sidenote: I met one of the partners by the name of Derrick and he was an absolute pleasure.  Well dressed, pleasant and very engaging.  




3628 Broadway (between 149&150th st.)
New York, N.Y. 10031
Email: www.tonallicafebar.com

Tel: 212-926-0399
Hours: Mon - Thur 11am - 11pm
            Fri: 11am - midnight
            Sat & Sun  10am - midnight 

Brunch: Sat & Sun 10:30am - 3:30pm

Comments

  1. The bruschetta and the crabmeat dumplings were amazing! I haven't tried their brunch yet. I definitely plan on another visit (I will remember to bring my phone next time lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next time you're off on a Sunday let me know. We'll go have brunch. I hear the banana and strawberry pancakes are to die for. Thanks for the support.

    ATWG

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts