It's The Little Things (Sweet Orchid Surprise)

A few weeks ago I met up with a friend of mine for a trip to an undisclosed location.  For some reason he wouldn't let me in on the big secret.  As he hailed a cab he instructed me to stand back so that I wouldn't hear him giving the driver directions.  How cute.... Anyway, we got in and were off.

He covered my eyes as we got closer to the place and alI I could do was laugh and pray it wasn't a setup.  Moments later he lowered his hand from my eyes to reveal a sign that read New York Botanical Garden. This was an unexpected and very much appreciated surprise.

I was extremely excited because they were having an Orchid show featuring thousands of different species orchids.  I had only mentioned it once to my friend that orchids were my favorite flower.  He definitely earned brownie points for that.  I was in awe.  The orchids and wildlings were so beautiful. I won't dare attempt to name them all so enjoy the pictures.

















The New York Botanical Garden: www.nybg.org
2900 Southern Boulevard
Bronx, New York 10458

Hours: The Garden is open year-round, Tuesday - Sunday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Winter hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., mid-January - February), and the following Mondays:
•April 14, 2014 (Spring Break/Passover)
•April 21, 2014 (Easter Monday)
•May 26, 2014 (Memorial Day)
•September 1, 2014 (Labor Day)
•October 13, 2014 (Columbus Day)

The Orchid show will be going on until April 21

Comments

  1. Very nice pictures taken! you should be a photographer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anonymous.

    I already consider myself a photographer, well in my own right that it is. I just need to put myself out there more. This blog of mine has helped in getting me noticed. I've already been called to do a few gigs which I'm excited about. Hopefully I'll be a household name someday. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts