Memorial Day Break

So it's Memorial Day and I have nothing planned but to do the laundry (exciting huh?).  This was one of those days where I was playing everything by ear.  While at the Laundromat I started catching up with a few friends via text.  One out of the bunch actually had something planned and that was to go to the movies alone.  My homie Q extended the invite and I happily accepted. 
 
Wanting to get out the city for a few we drove to Garden State Plaza in Paramus, NJ where we picked up our movie tickets.  With time to spare before the movie started we decided to grab a quick bite to eat at Grand Lux Cafe. I had never been there before but Q had so he suggested we split an order of their Shrimp Scampi.  I ordered the Chicken lettuce wraps as an appetizer.  All I can say is that food was delicious. 
 
The wraps were a nice light touch.  They consisted of minced sauteed chicken breast and vegetables in a delicious Asian sauce. Served with cool lettuce wraps. The Shrimp Scampi, my goodness was out of this world.  The pasta was perfectly cooked and the those jumbo shrimps were amazing.  They were so meaty and flavorful.  I was in heaven.  After downing two blueberry mojitos we left and enjoyed Fast and Furious 6.
 
Chicken Lettuce Wrap

Grand Lux's delicious Shrimp Scampi

Blueberry Mojito
 

 Check out the menu here: Grand Lux Cafe Menu

Comments

Popular Posts