PARKED

Woke up this morning with fitness, adventure and food on the brain.  Today I planned on going to Parked, the New York City Food Truck festival. I remembered all the different foods and treats that were involved last year so imagine my excitement when I just so happened to stumble across the advertisement while googling New York City summer activities.

Today was bound to be another fun day in the city. I decided to get my family involved in all the fun so I invited my sisters to join me. One tagged along while the other already had plans. Excuuuuse me.  First stop was to my body sculpting class at Ludlow Fitness. This class is no joke. Definitely an adrenaline rush.  While my guy and I worked our butts off with our trainer King Lawrence Marbury, my little sister acted as the towel and water girl lol. She told me earlier that day she was not getting sweaty. Gotta love teens girls.

After our workout we walked through Soho looking for the Summer Streets designated locations. NYC.gov describes Summer Streets as "an annual celebration of New York City's most valuable public space---- our streets."  It provides space for healthy recreation such as bike riding, zip lining, rock climbing, dancing and a whole lot more.  These activities stretch from the Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park.   We planned on trying out the Zip line on Duane St. and the Rock climbing wall on Prince St. however, being that activities were ending at 12pm and we left the gym at 11 by the time we reached Duane St. things were shutting down. No worries though there was more of the city to explore.

On our way to the South Street Seaport we stumbled upon a street fair on Water Street. We browsed the tents but nothing was a Must Have. My mind was already set on getting some good eats from the PARKED festival. Especially the lobster roll that my guy and I did not get to experience the prior year.

First order of business was to survey the area. We checked out what every truck had to offer and decided to start with Big D's Grub truck. Big D's grub is infused with flavors from Guyana, the American South and China. Every bite whether small or large is full of flavor.

I had the 3 for $7 taco special. I selected the #1 BULGOGI - Lean beef marinated in soy sauce, garlic, sesame seed oil, served with kimchi puree, zesty scallion relish and cool, rich crema., #2 SPICY PORK Juicy pork marinated in Big D’s secret spice mix, topped with kimchi puree and zesty scallion relish and the #4 SPICY CHICKEN Tender- chicken mixed with spicy mayo, served with fresh chopped cilantro (Big D’s Favorite).

My sister wasn't interested in trying anything out of the box so she opted for a gyro special from the street fair.  We found a spot and enjoyed our meals.  After which, we walked on the pier checking out the vendors and listening to music.  We went to the South Street Seaport mall and killed some time before hitting up the Red Hook Lobster Pound food truck.  

No browsing of the menu necessary, I already knew what I wanted and that was one of their popular lobster rolls.  My only question was which  of the two rolls was the classic? The woman behind the counter insisted I try the Maine lobster roll, so I did.  Maine style is served cold with celery, spices, and a touch of homemade mayo where as the Connecticut style roll is served with warm luscious lobster slathered in butter served on a j.j. nissen split-top bun – the one and only bread choice for an authentic lobster roll.  My oh my, was the Lobster roll delicious.  The big, tasty chunks of lobster meat was mouth watering and the bun was thick and warm with a slight crunch.    It was definitely worth the $16. 

Mission accomplished. After the morning workout, the long walk and the food we all were beat.   All of our beds were calling us and we answered.    

Cheers to another great weekend in NYC.


 


Ludlow Fitness


Parked Food Truck Festival




 
Water St. Street Fair

   



Summertime in New York City





Yummy





Spice Market



Food trucks galore

  



Mark and I with the woman on stilts



So much to choose from





Couples all around




Big D's Grub Truck - There are no pictures of the food because I was extremly hungry and forgot to take a few before I ate it all.  Next time I promie.




                            
                          Bigdsgrub.com

    
Red Hook Lobster Pound Truck









                            
                       Maine Lobster Roll.  Simply wonderful.

      
 

                   
http://redhooklobster.com/menu/      






Fun times
      


                              
                            Break Time




My little sister and I


  
Tourist out and about






Trapeze School at the Seaport



Ship wrecked



Skateboarder doing tricks




If at any time you're looking for a workout that is sure to test your Endurance, stimulate your mind and get that body looking summer ready I would seriously suggest the Body Sculpting classes at Ludlow Fitness lead by celebrity trainer Lawrence Mulberry. Click on the following link for class schedules: http://www.ludlowfitness.com

Address: 100 Delancey Street, Northeast corner of Ludlow & Delancey
Phone: 212-260-9222


Hours: Open at 5:30 am , 24 hours all week
Saturday - close at 9:00pm
Sunday - 8:00 am to 9:00 pm





 





Comments

Popular Posts